Thursday, January 27, 2005

It's the little things...

Can I tell you what a JOY it is to get a prime directive from The Boss telling me to drop whatever it is I'm working on & to assemble a couple of computers? After sitting almost all day in front of my computer yesterday, my boss told me and Co-worker Buddy to "get busy" putting together a couple of computers that were needed desperately in our Baton Rouge office.

Yessir. On the double, sir. You don't have to pull my arm, sir.

Whereas 15 minutes seem to drag by when I'm working on flood mapping, the two hours it took to assemble the computers went by lickety split.

There's nothing like ripping the pull-tab off of a brand-new, retail, Pentium-4 3.6GHz processor, I tell ya! I just LOVE the smell of circuitry in the afternoon.

Yep, it doesn't take much to make me happy. Just give me a computer case, a box full of computer parts, hand me a screwdriver, and I'll be entertained for a little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment