Friday, February 18, 2005

T-minus 5 weeks just about?!?!?

Damn. Where has the time gone??? It seemed like just yesterday that we found out Jen was pregnant. Surely we still have several more months, right?? I guess that's why I added the little countdown bar - so I could be reminded every now and then how little time we actually have left.

At our birthing class last night, we watched a neat video about calming a fussy baby - based on the book, The Happiest Baby in the World by Harvey Karp. That book would have been worth its weight in gold had we had it for Braden! The author basically talks about 5 strategies that work in calming a fussy baby - swaddling, side, shushing, swinging, and sucking. A definite must-read for parents who are getting frustated with a fussy baby!

Jen also went & bought all the supplies/items she'll need for the homebirth, as well as getting out all of our cloth diapers. So now that I'm surrounded by mountains of diapers, it's becoming more of a reality for me. :) Still no boy's name, although my MIL suggested "Denny". I vetoed that idea as I've already developed a negative association to "Denny Crane", the high-powered eccentric lawyer played by William Shatner on Boston Legal.

The latest table tennis ratings should be up on the USATT website, but the page isn't loading, dammit! I'm dying to find out what Co-worker Buddy's starting rating is! (And mine, as well!)

Been a busy busy busy week at work this week, but it's been productive. Definitely will be catching up on sleep this weekend.

I'd also like to wish my nearly lifelong friend, Scott, a very happy 34th birthday today!! Can you believe our friendship has lasted 28 years now???

No comments:

Post a Comment