Saturday, February 5, 2005

Yet another trophy! :)

Nearly 11 hours after I left home this morning, I'm finally home after spending a long, FUN day at the 2005 Arkansas Closed Table Tennis tournament. With exception to my last match (which I lost), I played very well - and basically beat the people I should have, and put a good showing to the people who were MUCH better than me. The fruit of my efforts? A 1st place trophy in the U-1200 rated event. :) As far as my rating goes, it probably won't change a whole lot, but that's better than losing rating points, right?

The most fun I had was being able to hang out with Co-worker buddy for most of the day, as he came out to play in his first tournament. And he even took home a first place trophy in the U-800 rated event! Congrats man!!

The birthing class on Thursday night was very worthwhile - sure learned a lot about the physiology of giving birth and the philosophy of the midwives as far as home births are concerned. It really set my mind more at ease with the whole having a baby at home thing. :D

Now what I wouldn't give for a foot massage as my feet are *extremely* sore from me being on my feet for almost the entire day. I think I'm going to go kick up my heels and let these tootsies cool off.

Another fun day planned tomorrow w/the Super Bowl in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment