Saturday, March 19, 2005

Still waiting...

Tick...tick...tick. The clock continues to run and Jen continues to get more & more uncomfortable with each passing day, but no baby yet! I somehow managed to get down to New Orleans/Baton Rouge and back for four days without having to hop on last-minute flight to try to get here in time for the birth of my baby.

The trip to Louisiana was to present our final results for a huge modeling project I've been working on for the past year - the Mississippi River Reintroduction into Bayou Lafourche, one of the largest 2D hydrodynamic models ever constructed.

While I was down there, I got to visit with my brother-in-law, Brett, who is doing an externship at the Palace Cafe in New Orleans as part of his program with the CIA. My boss is somewhat of an amateur chef & food connoisseur so they got along just grand. Amidst 15 lbs of boiled crawfish, we had a lovely dinner and chat about the restaurant industry. The culinary fare for the rest of the week consisted of po'boys & other Cajun delicacies. Mmmm. Can't say that I could ever get sick of Cajun cuisine.

We are still indecisive about a boy's name. One that we're liking more & more is "Darren". Jen told me last night she thinks we're having a girl so it may all be a moot point. ;) We shall see...

Received the birth pool a couple of a days ago and did a trial fill-up run last night, just to see how long it would take to fill it up once we were officially into labor. Looks like it will only take about an hour or so, so no worries there. We still need to rearrange the furniture somewhat in our bedroom to make space for it, but it is large enough that both Jen & I will be able to fit in it.

Jen has been having some isolated contractions this past week - nothing continuous, so it looks like her body is starting to warm up to the idea of pushing that baby out! I'll keep y'all posted if anything develops...

No comments:

Post a Comment