Tuesday, March 1, 2005

I'm quite handy, wouldn't you say?

Changing out a heater core? Check. Replacing car speakers in the door? Check. Removing the entire panel of each door? Check. Changing out a car battery? Check. Installing a car amplifier? Check. Replacing a malfunctioning turn signal switch? Check. Replacing a bad center taillight? Check. And most recently - changing my car headlight? Check.

It just got me wondering - do most people (as far as the general public goes) know how to do some of these basic (yet probably not important) tasks? If you don't, what do you do when your turn signal stops working or you have a busted taillight? I'm no auto mechanic by any means, but I was just curious what people do for basic maintenance with their vehicles?

*****

Talked to my sister the other night and she suggested a name that almost meets all of our criteria. It certainly has my father's name contained within it, and it's close to the letter 'C' - Darren. It's certainly a possibility, I think. The coincidental thing is that I actually know a Darren Lee that works in Louisiana. I did promise my BIL that we won't use the names he has reserved for his kids - Angus & Hildegaard. Believe me. Those names are safe. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment