Tuesday, April 13, 2004

And just how old are we?

Overheardseen at Target today over lunch:

Twentysomething geeky guy to GF or sister: (pulling up copies of Maxim, Stuff, and SI Swimsuit Edition) "Got it. Got it. Got it."

[Author comment: Umm, just who are you trying to impress? I somehow doubt she was impressed and you sure as hell didn't impress me.]

Same guy to GF or sister: (picking up copy of PC Gamer) "Wow, Counterstrike: Condition Zero - I got this. Damn, if I buy this [some PS2/Xbox game], then I can't get this [the mag]. Hey - buy this for me wouldya??"

GF/sister walks away looking very annoyed & unimpressed.

[Author comment: Again - just how old are we? Any grown man that asks someone to buy something for them on the spot needs to be taken out & shot. Be a man - just buy it for yourself!]

No comments:

Post a Comment